- Remove a power shaft (see the Section Removal and installation of power shafts). Remove the corresponding hinge (see the Section Check of a State and Replacement of the Hinges of Equal Angular Speeds (HEAS)). Pay attention that if it is necessary to entice both covers, it is enough to remove only one hinge (on right to a shaft - also a damper of tortional fluctuations).
- Remove a cover from a shaft, - in case of need the cover which is subject to replacement can be cut simply off.
- Check a condition of the hinge, in case of need make its replacement (see the Section Check of a State and Replacement of the Hinges of Equal Angular Speeds (HEAS)). Having washed out the hinge, completely remove from it traces of old lubricant, then fill it fresh lubricant of the required type.
- Put an internal collar of fastening of a cover on a shaft, then put on a new cover so that it was recorded in a shaft flute by the narrow sleeve.
- Fill the hinge lubricant of the required type, squeeze out the remains of lubricant in a cover.
- Put the hinge on a shaft, - do not forget to replace a lock ring and to track reliability of its zashchelkivaniye in a reception flute.
- Pull a cover on the hinge and let out from under it the air, having hooked the screw-driver the outer edge.
- Fix a cover by new collars. Using ring collars, put on a collar a cover and pull together it by means of nippers. Experts of Opel recommend use of the special tool though at accurate use nippers work not worse. When using collars of bandage type, wrap up a collar around a cover, previously having greased it with molibdensoderzhashchy lubricant, tighten as the touch is possible and hook on a ledge on one end of a collar for an opening in another. In conclusion tighten a collar, having squeezed free P-shaped section nippers, trying not to damage a cover.
Tightening of an external collar of bandage type by means of special nippers of HAZET 1847 and a dynamometer key
- Install a shaft on the car (see the Section Removal and installation of power shafts).