- Weaken bolts of fastening of wheels, the car and establish to a poddomkratta it on props. Remove the corresponding wheel, then return couple of wheel bolts for the purpose of fixing of a brake disk (if the screw of fastening of a disk is not turned out yet, need for installation of bolts disappears).
- Remove a brake support (see the Section Removal, recovery repair and installation of supports of disk brake mechanisms of forward wheels) and tie up it aside a wire to a suspension bracket element, without disconnecting a brake hose.
- Make visual check of a condition of a working surface of a disk. Easy defects can be eliminated by means of a fine-grained emery paper. For removal of deep furrows the disk should be subjected to a pro-point. Remember that the disk has to be examined from both of its parties.
- If during braking pulsations of a pedal of a foot brake were noticed, it is necessary to estimate the size of a side beating of a brake disk. Fix the dial measuring instrument of plunger type at distance about 13 mm from the outer edge of a disk. Nullify the device and begin to rotate a disk. The result of measurement should not go beyond stipulated in Specifications (The head the Brake system) admissible range, otherwise the disk needs to be given to a pro-point.
Measurement of size of a side beating of a brake disk
Authors of the present manual recommend to make a pro-point of disks regardless of their state for the purpose of removal from any working surfaces of defects. As a last resort it is possible to be limited to processing of a disk a fine-grained emery paper.
- At a pro-point of a disk it is necessary to pay special attention to observance of requirements of Specifications in the Head the Brake system to its minimum admissible thickness. On a face surface of a disk the corresponding marking is provided. Measurement of thickness of a disk is performed by means of a micrometer.
Measurement of thickness of a brake disk