11.1. General information
All models of cars considered in the present manual are equipped with the hydraulic brake system with vacuum strengthening. On forward wheels disk brake mechanisms, and on back wheels – drum brake mechanisms are always installed.
The dual design of the main brake cylinder (MBC) equipped with two separate tanks allows to break a hydraulic path into two, acting independently from each other, a contour. The last means that in case of refusal one of contours, the second continues to work as before, providing adequate braking of the car. Hydraulic contours have a diagonal arrangement. The refusal of any of contours, naturally, leads to decrease in efficiency of braking and is followed by operation of a control lamp on an instrument guard when squeezing a pedal of a foot brake.
All brake mechanisms are equipped with self-regulators. At the same time compensation of wear of brake shoes of disk mechanisms is carried out automatically whereas, special adjusting devices which activation happens during braking, and also at raising of the parking brake are installed on drum brake mechanisms.
The system of anti-blocking of brakes (ABS) can be installed on all models. On models without ABS the valves regulators, sensitive to load of a back axis, providing adjustment of pressure of brake fluid depending on extent of loading of the car are built in both back brake contours.
Main Brake Cylinder (MBC)
GTTs is established on the assembly of the servo-driver of the vacuum amplifier of brakes fixed on a back partition of a motive compartment. From above on the cylinder the big tank of hydraulic liquid equipped with a plastic cover is located. The tank fastens in the cylinder by means of plugs through passage and a cylindrical pin.
As it was already mentioned above, GTTs has the dual design providing functioning of two independent hydraulic contours. Liquid pressure in each of contours is forced by the individual piston in the main cylinder.
Vacuum amplifier of brakes
The amplifier uses the depression created in the inlet pipeline for increase in efficiency of functioning of a hydraulic actuator of the brake system. The servo-driver of the vacuum amplifier is fixed on a back partition of a motive compartment.
The control lever of the parking brake is located in interior of the car and by means of the hummock drive influences brake mechanisms of back wheels. At raising of the lever on the models equipped with drum back brake mechanisms, cables delay the executive levers attached to assemblies of brake boots in mechanisms of both back wheels. At the same time boots get divorced in the parties, nestling on the working surface of reels.
At service of components of the brake system of cars it is necessary to observe some special precautionary measures:
- For gas station of the brake system use only hydraulic liquid of the required grade (see the Head Nastroyki and routine maintenance of the car);
- Frictional overlays of brake blocks / boots may contain noxious to health asbestos. Try not to inhale brake dust, do not blow off it compressed air. Apply to rubbing of components of brake mechanisms only the special cleaning structures;
- You monitor observance of all required admissions and efforts of tightening of fixture. At service of components use only the serviceable tool. At the slightest doubts ask for the help experts. Remember that serviceability of functioning of brakes is the key to traffic safety;
- At the slightest signs of violation of serviceability of functioning of the brake system operation of the car has to be suspended!
- At service of any part of system act accurately and methodically, scrupulously observing purity. In the absence of confidence in operability of components you make their replacement in a set for both brake mechanisms of each axis. Use only spare parts of the famous producers.