- On petrol models dump residual pressure in a power supply system (see the Section Dropping Pressure in a power supply system of petrol engines). Disconnect a negative wire from the battery.
- Before removal of the fuel tank it is necessary to remove from it all fuel. As the drain stopper is not provided by producers, it is necessary to remove a tank with the minimum rest of fuel, previously having removed the main its stock with a siphon method.
- Remove components of system of production of the fulfilled gases and thermofilters (see the Part System of injection of fuel of petrol engines of the present Chapter).
- Prop up forward wheels antiretractable boots and weaken an adjusting nut of the parking brake (see the Head the Brake system).
- Disconnect a cable of the drive of the parking brake from the hook located in front of the brake drum. (see the Head the Brake system).
- Release a cable of the drive of the parking brake of intermediate arms and clamps and take him aside from a tank.
- Disconnect an electrical wiring from fuel consumption gasoline pump/sensor block (see the Sections Check and replacement of the fuel pump - petrol models and Replacement of the sensor of a reserve of fuel).
- Open a cover of a jellied mouth and remove a rubber sealing ring. Turn out a bolt of fastening of a mouth to a body.
The lower bolt of fastening of a jellied mouth of the fuel tank to a body element
- Remove the right back wheel, give fixing screws and nuts and remove a loker of protection of a wheel arch.
- Mark and disconnect two small hoses from a mouth, previously having weakened collars of their fastening.
- Release collars and disconnect the fuel-supply lines brought to the basis of a jellied mouth. Turn out the lower bolt of fastening of a jellied mouth and take the last from under the car.
- Walk on fuel lines from a tank to the place of their next fastening. Mark and disconnect both hoses, previously having weakened collars of their fastening.
- On petrol models separate the fuel filter from an assembly strip of fastening of the fuel tank.
- Prop up a tank a cart jack, previously having laid a piece of a board on a head of the last.
- Turn out fixing bolts and remove assembly strips.
- Smoothly lower a tank, in passing disconnecting all hoses. Take a tank from under the car.
- If in a tank water accumulated, uncover fuel consumption gasoline pump/sensor (see the Section Check and replacement of the fuel pump - petrol models) and remove the fuel remains from a tank. If at a tank there are moisture traces, wash out it pure fuel. The tank is made of plastic and at serious damages is subject to replacement. Insignificant defects it can be eliminated in the conditions of a specialized workshop.
- Installation is made as it should be, the return to an order of dismantle of components. Pay attention to the next moments:
- Track that at installation of a tank the hoses laid over it were not pressed;
- Track reliability of tightening of fixture of assembly strips;
- Track correctness of connection and reliability of fixing of all hose and electric connections;
- Do not forget to make adjustment of the parking brake (see the Head the Brake system);
- Before the first trip fill in a small amount of fuel in a tank and check it for existence of signs of development of leaks.