- Remove all components and sensors installed outside from the block.
- Упершись a stupid drift to the region of a release stopper, develop it in the landing nest under the 90th hail. After all traffic jams are developed, they will be rather simple to be taken from the engine by means of nippers.
- Scratch out all traces of material of old laying from the interfaced surface of the block, - try not to leave scratches and zadir.
- Turn out all carving caps of oil galleries. Caps can be tightened very hardly up to that they should be drilled with the subsequent restoration of a carving in the block. At assembly of a cap are subject to replacement.
- On diesel engines shoot sprays of supply of oil with pistons. Sprays are pressed in the block and their removal can be made only with use of special adaptation
Sprays are pressed in landing nests in a block body
- Uncover with the block of all radical bearings and take inserts of the last from the beds. At once mark the taken inserts by means of an adhesive tape on accessory to the bearing and a bed in it (the block or a cover), then put them aside.
- At strong external pollution of the engine it is necessary to bring him in a workshop of car service for carrying out steam or heat treatment.
- After return of the block from a workshop once again carefully clean all oil openings and galleries - for this purpose special cylindrical brushes of a special form are issued (ask in shops of automobile accessories). Wash out cavities and channels warm water, - continue washing until from the opposite side of the block clear water does not begin to follow. Carefully dry the block, then slightly oil all pierced surfaces liquid for protection them from corrosion. In the presence of access to a source of compressed air use it for acceleration of process of drying of the block and a purge of remote cavities and channels.
During the work with compressed air do not forget to put on goggles!
- At strong pollution or a zashlakovyvaniye of the block it is necessary to resort to brush cleaning by hot water with soap. It is not necessary to try to save time at the expense of neglect care of cleaning of the block. Regardless of the chosen way, track care of a clearing of remote cavities, channels and openings. In conclusion dry the block and oil the pierced surfaces liquid for protection them from corrosion.
- Banish all carving openings in the block a tap of the corresponding size for the purpose of providing a guarantee of compliance of indications of the indicator of a dynamometer key to really developed efforts of tightening of fixture at assembly of the engine. Whenever possible, blow then the openings banished by a tap compressed air, having removed from them all small garbage and shaving. Having finished processing of openings, walk a thigh by a carving part of bolts of fastening of covers of bearings and heads of cylinders.
- Establish to the place of a cover of radical bearings, having by hand tightened their fixture.
- Grease sealing surfaces of new release traffic jams with sealant like Permatex No 1 and install them on the regular places in the block. Track perpendicularity of landing of traffic jams, - it will be most correct to use a special cylindrical mandrel, however the face head of the suitable size which has to rest only against an internal part of a face surface of a stopper (not in a fillet can quite replace it!).
- Grease with not hardening sealant like Permatex No 2 a carving part of new caps of oil galleries (alternatively wind them with the film FUM). Screw caps on the regular places and tighten as it is possible stronger.
- On diesel engines press on the places sprays of supply of oil on pistons.
- If you are not going to start at once assembly of the engine, place the block in a big plastic bag for protection of its pollution.