3.3. General information about settings and adjustments
The name "control" in the present manual is meant as not separately taken procedure of correction of the car, any of parameters of systems, and the whole complex of the adjustments allowing to achieve maximum efficiency of return of the engine.
If the owner of the new car from the date of its acquisition strictly adhered to the schedule of procedures of routine maintenance (see the Section Schedule of Routine Maintenance), rather often carried out checks of critical parameters, supported the required level of lubricant liquids, the engine will need extremely seldom performance of additional service and recovery repair (over replacement subject to the increased wear of components and expendables).
On the other hand, in case of the negligent relation to performing procedures of regular maintenance and frequent violation of established periods of conducting checks, efficiency of return of the engine will surely decrease sooner or later. The probability of emergence of such situation in case of acquisition of the car which was in the use is especially high. In such cases there is a need for performance of a complex of settings of the power unit over amount of works on routine maintenance of the car.
The first step at control or diagnostics of malfunctions working with the lowered return of the engine always is check of compression pressure in cylinders (see the Head Dvigateli) which analysis of results allows to estimate the general condition of internal components of the engine and to draw up the plan of the forthcoming adjusting and/or recovery work. For example, if during conducting check of compression pressure signs of serious internal wear of the engine are revealed, there will be not enough usual complex of settings for correction of a situation and its performance will be waste of time and means. In view of the value of information obtained as a result of check of compression pressure, its performance should be charged to rather skilled and qualified mechanic having necessary diagnostic units. Lists of the main adjusting procedures allowing to achieve maximum efficiency of return from the engine which is in a working mechanical order are given below.
List of the minimum complex of checks and adjustments
- Check of all liquids connected with operation of the engine (see the Section of Check of levels of liquids);
- Check of a condition of all hoses of a motive compartment (see the Section Check of a State and Replacement of the hoses located in a motive compartment);
- Check and adjustment of a tension of driving belts (see the Section Check of a State and Replacement of a Belt of the Drive of Auxiliary Units and Head of Dvigateli);
- Cleaning, survey and check of tension of the battery (see the Section Check, service and charging);
- Replacement of spark plugs (see the Section Replacement of Spark Plugs and Head Sistemy of Electric Equipment of the Engine);
- Check of the air filter (see the Section Replacement of the Filtering Element);
- Check of the cooling system (see the Section Check of a Condition of Components and Head of the Cooling System of the Engine, heating of salon and air conditioning).
List of checks and adjustments of general purpose
All listed above points of the minimum control, plus:
- Check of system of ignition/preheat (see the Head Sistemy of electric equipment of the engine);
- Check of system of charging (see the Head Sistemy of electric equipment of the engine);
- Check of fuel system (see the Head of the Power supply system, release and decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases);
- Replacement of VV of wires of spark plugs (see the Head Sistemy of electric equipment of the engine).